Welcome to Lincoln Spanish Immersion. This unique educational opportunity is offered in Lincoln Consolidated Schools. It is the only program of its kind in Washtenaw County and one of the few language immersion programs in Michigan. We are proudly housed in Bishop Elementary School, home to Lincoln’s Multi-Age program which utilizes the HighScope model for curriculum delivery.
Lincoln Consolidated Schools is a School of Choice District and happily accepts out of district students. Adjoining districts like Ann Arbor, Milan, Saline, Ypsilanti, and Van Buren will find our location in Ypsilanti Township particularly convenient. Currently the Spanish Immersion program includes students from Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. We expect more out of district students to join this exciting program in the coming years.
In this program, students learn exactly the same curriculum as students elsewhere in the school, county, and state. However, the language of the classroom is Spanish. This allows students completing the program to leave elementary school fluent and literate in two languages.
Bilingualism offers many benefits. Research has indicated improved intellectual growth and language skills. Bilinguals also generally have a greater appreciation for differences and are more prepared for future education and the job market. Lincoln Spanish Immersion seeks all these benefits.
- Share information about Lincoln Spanish Immersion
- Share information about Bishop Elementary and Lincoln’s Multi-Age Program
- Share the benefits of bilingualism and multilingualism
- Collect names of families interested in joining the program (Lincoln Consolidated Schools is a School of Choice District so out of district students are welcome)
- Share resources with parents interested in raising bilingual children
- Share teacher developed classroom ideas, tools, and resources
- Eventually, serve as a communication, information, and sharing vehicle for the families at Bishop and families anywhere interested in raising bilingual children
Learn more about the Lincoln Spanish Immersion Program.
Please see the latest posts on our Blog for updated enrollment information.
Please take a look at our website and learn more about Spanish Immersion at Bishop Elementary School. If you have questions or information to share, please Contact Us.